Date: Saturday 17 November
Time: 6:30pm – 8:30pm
Location: Sarvam Yoga, Gemmayze
Questions, Comments or Jokes?
Call/ Whatsapp +961 71 931 722
We’d love to hear from you!
Started 3 years ago, Poetry for Everybody is still the inclusive space that it’s always been – welcoming all walks of poet – the new, the seasoned, the brave and the shy as we all fit under one mic 🙂
… This special edition will take place at the VERY special and serene Sarvam Yoga red house in Gemmayze and will be entirely open mic.
Our mission with our poetry readings is to remind each other that poetry is indeed for EVERYBODY. It doesn’t have to be boring or outdated; it doesn’t have to be for an elite few who “get it.” Poetry is meant to be read out loud and enjoyed by everybody, and where better than at the warm, quaint space at Sarvam.
Headed by #fadeinpoet Nadine Makarem and hosted by FADE IN: and Sarvam Yoga this poetry night is laid-back, inspiring, and full of honest poetry.
The evening will go as such:
– We’ll begin with music and mingling, and enjoy some in-house drinks as the sign up sheet travels around
– Open mic will begin and we’ll find out why TRUE poetry is all about being true to yourself!
– Small intermission
– More poets, more poetry!
LOCATION: Sarvam Yoga, The RED HOUSE, Gemmayze
Your point poet
+961 3 503 177
DATE: Next one coming up in OCTOBER 2018 – stay tuned!
TIME: 12:00pm – 3:00pm
Questions or Comments?
Call / Whatsapp +961 71 931 722
We’d love to hear from you!
Going strong for the second year running, Writing Day is the first and only networking event for professional and aspiring creative writers in Beirut!
What do we do at WRITING DAY?
We talk writing. We read about it. We live it. We drink it. We write. And write again.
Be part of our creative community. Join us to mingle and write and drink lots of coffee and talk and write and think and write some more!
Who can join us:
– Writers who have projects
– Non-writers who are interested in writing more
– Readers (we love you, please join us)
– The person who has written and loves it but maybe hasn’t done it in a long time but knows they can (we’re looking at you!)
– Creatives who want to try out some writing
– Those who want to meet other writers and weirdos 🙂
Just bring your laptop, notebook, a pen, and an easy-going attitude. You will be surrounded by like-minded writers from all over the city, at Aaliya’s Books, a perfect place to get inspired… the bottomless free-refill cups of coffee really do help!
Keep in mind, we have amazing workshops, seminars, coaching sessions … but WRITING DAY is not a structured class. It’s an informal gathering to do writing exercises, talk about the writing process, meet other writers, meet trainers, hang out with the weirdos/professional writers at fadein.
This writing day, both Nadia Tabbara and Youmna Bou Hadir will be giving free consultations throughout the day! sign up on this form (first come, first serve) – after signing up, you will receive a 15min time slot. Hurry up, we fill up fast.
What to expect:
– Meet Nadia Tabbara, screenwriter and founder of FADE IN:, She will be setting off the day with an inspired talk on the creative journey – an exploration of creativity, honing technique, and making deadlines.
– Stretch out before our monthly workout, with your host and fadeinwriter Youmna Bou Hadir
– Meet other writers and professionals from around the city
– Enjoy great coffee and a comfortably warm setting at Aaliya’s Books
**Come any time, but try and at least be there for two hours… that’s enough time to get your juices flowing
***This is an opportunity to schedule some REAL time for yourself and for your creativity. Because it’s important and because you deserve it. Make it a priority.
Date: Next one coming up in October 2018 – stay tuned!
Time: 12:00pm – 3:00pm
Location: Aaliya’s Books, Gemmyaze